REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
BRICK AND BLOCK WALL REPLACEMENT
The Borough of Edgeworth (The Borough) is soliciting proposals (hereafter called proposal) for BRICK AND BLOCK WALL REPLACEMENT per the specifications stated elsewhere in this solicitation document. Proposals shall be submitted in a sealed envelope marked on the outside with the vendor’s name and address titled:
BRICK WALL REPLACEMENT
Mr. John F. Schwend – Buyer
Borough of Edgeworth
301 Beaver Road
Edgeworth, PA 15143
All documents related to the proposal are located at www.edgeworthborough.org/public-documents
Proposals will be received at the above address until 10:00 A.M. on Friday September 11, 2020. Proposals will be opened publicly at that time and will be reviewed for completeness and thoroughness prior to the anticipated award date of September 15, 2020. Successful bidder will have 45 days from the date of award to complete the project. Faxed proposals will not be accepted. Proposals must be submitted in sufficient time to be received and time-stamped at the above location on or before the published date and time shown on the RFP.
All correspondence, communications and contact with Edgeworth Borough regarding any aspect of this proposal should be directed to John Schwend – Borough Manager.
After a review of each proposal for completeness, the Borough Council may take action to award the bid for a period of sixty (60) days from the date of bid opening. The Borough reserves the right to waive any defects and to reject any and all proposals for any reason and makes no guarantee that an award will be made as a result of this RFP. The winning bidder will be required to execute an agreement prepared by the Borough, which generally will not permit limitations of liability. The Prevailing Wage Act applies to Pennsylvania public construction, reconstruction, demolition, alteration or repair projects costing more than $25,000.
Scope of Work
The intent of these specifications is to outline the labor and materials needed to construct a decorative brick screening wall as well as a block and brick retaining wall at the Borough Building. Work will include a 4” precast or sandstone cap for the decorative wall and three pillars outlined in the plans.
Proposals must be submitted in a sealed envelope and received prior to the official date and time listed above. The proposal must contain at a minimum:
- Name, title and contact information of official submitting the proposal
- Legal company name, address phone and email
- RFP as it appears on this document
- Number of years in business and a brief description of your company’s experience and qualifications (references optional)
- Your bid, to include all work necessary to perform the required work
- Other information or supporting documentation which may be pertinent
- Certificate of insurance
The tasks that must be performed in order to construct the wall include, but are not limited to:
- Jobsite is expected to be kept in a clean and orderly fashion at all times
- Existing wall removed by owner; excavation completed by owner
- Existing footer cleaned and prepped for new wall installation
- Furnish and install Brick piers (3) and double width brick walls built to match existing style and dimension of piers shown in attached photographs
- Joint color and profile (raked joints) to match existing pier and Borough building
- Brick color, type and finish to match Borough building
- Appropriate 4” drain and 2B aggregate backfill along the retaining wall
- Furnish and install retaining wall consisting of 8” block properly grouted, filled with concrete and attached to footer and properly faced with brick veneer
- Furnish and install 4” Precast concrete or sandstone cap for piers and screening wall to match previous wall (see photos). Retaining wall shall be capped with brick only
- New 4” precast concrete or sandstone cap for existing pier and wall (see pictures)
- Washdown of brick wall upon completion
- Clean up and removal of all debris
- Contractor to provide all appropriate labor, materials, tools, and equipment, owner to supply water and power
The successful bidder will have 45 days from the date of contract award to complete the project.
The successful bidder must furnish proof of workers compensation insurance and certificate of general liability insurance covering property damage, bodily injury, personal injury and completed operations and shall name the Borough of Edgeworth as additionally insured.
John F. Schwend, Borough Manager