- Waste Management will resume collection of yard waste and bulk items effective May 4, 2020. All trash/refuse must be bagged and sealed, and loose items will not be collected. Any material left outside of a bin will not be collected.
- Beginning Friday, May 1st, 2020, all businesses in the construction industry in the Commonwealth, including those in new construction, renovation, and repair, as well as land subdivision and design related field activities are permitted to maintain in-person operations pursuant to the Governor’s April 20, 2020 amendments to the Business Closure Orders, so long as their activities adhere to the guidance from the Governor and Secretary of Health. Please find this guidance here.
- Due to the significant effects that the closure has had on construction projects in Edgeworth, contractor hours of operation are temporarily extended and increased per the following schedule, beginning on May 1 and remaining in effect until May 31, 2020:
- Monday – Friday: 7:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Saturday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Sunday: 7:00 am to 5:00 pm (interior work only, no landscapers)
- After reviewing federal, state and county recommendations surrounding the COVID-19 virus, Edgeworth Borough is implementing the following measures in order to protect employees and residents:
- The administrative office is still operating during normal business hours between 8 am and 4 pm. At this time, public access to the building is closed and we are asking all residents who need to contact us to do so by phone and email. If you must come to the Borough Building in person, we ask that you call or email to make an appointment.
- Edgeworth Police will respond to non-emergency calls via phone. If you are experiencing an emergency, please call 911. Police will continue patrols as normal.
As always, please be sure to limit contact with others, wash your hands, and stay home when you are sick. Feel free to contact the Borough office at 412-741-2866 with any questions or concerns.
Pennsylvania Primary Election Update
Due to COVID-19, Pennsylvania has delayed primary elections for state and federal offices to June 2, 2020. All residents will cast their ballots on this date at Edgeworth Elementary School. For more information about voting, mail-in ballots, and voter registration, please visit votespa.com.
Like Us on Facebook!
Find and like the Borough of Edgeworth on Facebook to stay up to date on everything happening in our town!
Edgeworth Borough is situated in the Sewickley Valley and is located just 16 miles outside the heart of Downtown Pittsburgh. Edgeworth is proud to be one of the premier residential communities in the Sewickley Valley. In Edgeworth we treasure our abundance and variety of mature trees, our interconnected sidewalks that link the neighborhood together, and the architectural structures that give our community its iconic charm. We are delighted to be one of the most walkable communities in Western Pennsylvania. Please browse our site to find out about all of the great services that Edgeworth Borough has to offer. Check back frequently to keep up to date with all of the latest events, programs and meetings going on in our community.
Edgeworth Borough will be collecting resident email addresses in attempt to provide news and information electronically as well as through our reverse 911 system and through conventional mail. While we will still be sending out paper quarterly newsletters, we encourage residents to sign up for our electronic version of the newsletter. We are pursuing more responsive, adaptive, and sustainable methods of communication in hopes of providing channels of communication that work for all Borough residents. Anyone interested can sign up below!
Click HERE to sign up for the Edgeworth Borough Electronic Newsletter and E-Alerts