Disposing of E-Waste and Other Materials
Unfortunately, how to dispose of items such as old televisions, computer towers and monitors, tires, batteries, and paint containers has become quite a dilemma! There are many organizations and events that are engineered to dispose of items such as these. Organizations that are not affiliated with Edgeworth Borough but may be of service to you can be found below:
- eLoop is an organization located in Export, PA. Please visit http://eloopllc.com/services/accepted-items/ to see what items are accepted. Call 1-877-801-6057 for the product fee structure and further information.
- The Pennsylvania Resources Council specializes in E-Recycling events in Partnership with eLoop throughout Western Pennsylvania. Currently there are two events scheduled for 2017 with more dates soon to be added. Visit http://prc.org/programs/collection-events/hard-recycle-collections/west/ to learn where and when these events will take place.
- Environmental Coordination Services & Recycling is located in Evans City, PA. This organization’s “Point and Pack” program will allow you to schedule a pickup date and time where they will come to your home and pick up household electronics and chemicals that may be too heavy or complicated to dispose of yourself. Please visit www.ecsr.net or call 724-432-3278 for information and cost estimates.
- 1-800-GOT-JUNK! Please visit www.1800gotjunk.com or call for information and fees.
- Evolution E-Cycling is a Pennsylvania based electronics recycling organization that specializes in commercial disposal of household electronics. Visit http://www.evolutionecycling.com/services/electronics-recycling for further pricing information.
Hard to Recycle Event: Located at Quaker Valley High School. Event will take place on June 24, 2017 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Items accepted include electronics (including TV’s), small freon containing appliances, Polystyrene packaging material, tires, batteries, and more. Please view this flyer for more information.
Hard to Recycle Event: Located at LaRoche College. Event will take place on July 29, 2017 from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. Items accepted include: Computers, televisions, small Freon containing appliances, batteries, used tires and more. Visit prc.org for additional items and fees.
Electronics Collection and Household Hazardous Waste Collection hosted by the QVGOG: Located in Avalon Community Park. Event will take place on September 23, 2017. Items accepted include televisions, chemical products, and other hazardous waste. Please view this flyer for more information.